Pet Support Space (PSS)
In 2020, we created the Pet Support Space which supplies pet food, medical vouchers and counseling for pet owners in crisis and those struggling to meet their basic needs. Our office is staffed by counselors seven days a week, in order to meet the needs of low-income families with pets, over the phone, via email or text. DDR continues to work collaboratively with Los Angeles Animal Services, accepting referrals for assistance on a daily basis. In 2022 we joined AlignCare, a program created to improve access to veterinary care for underserved families to learn more, visit https://www.aligncarehealth.org
• Free spay/neuter vouchers
• Referrals to low-cost spay and neuter
• Legal assistance for pet-related housing issues
• Referrals to city and county social services
• Animal registration and ID tags
• Pet supplies and food
• Veterinary care at approved partner animal hospitals
• Assistance with transportation to animal hospitals
• Referrals to city and county human services
Location and Hours:
In order to qualify for services, please call our office for an assessment.
Donate and Support our Pet Support Space!