Pet Support Space (PSS) in South LA
In 2020, DDR continued to grow with the creation of our South Los Angeles Pet Support Space which supplies pet food, medical vouchers and counseling for pet owners in crisis and those struggling to meet their basic needs. Future expansion plans include offering mental health vouchers, peer-led support groups and trauma-informed care for pet owners. Our office is staffed by counselors six days a week, in order to meet the needs of low-income pet owners in person, over the phone, via email or text. Opening an office near the South Los Angeles Shelter, where we had a counselor on site since 2013, preventing more than 20,000 pets from entering the shelter system, was a natural progression for DDR when all of the city shelters were closed to the public. DDR remains a partner of Los Angeles Animal Services, accepting referrals from staff on a daily basis as well as staffing a part-time counselor at the South LA shelter each week.
• Free spay/neuter vouchers
• Referrals to low-cost spay and neuter
• Legal assistance for pet-related housing issues
• Referrals to city and county social services
• Animal registration and ID tags
• Pet supplies and food
• Veterinary care at approved partner animal hospitals
• Assistance with transportation to animal hospitals
• Referrals to city and county human services
In addition to services provided at the PSS office, our counselors are there to listen and support pet owners through all phases of their pet’s life.
Location and Hours:
10:00AM to 2:00PM by appointment only
2746 West Florence Ave. Los Angeles CA 90043
In order to qualify for services, please call our office for an assessment.